Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Way Back Wednesday - A Shot In The Arm

It's Way Back Wednesday today. I'm going to take us back to the summer of 1999. It doesn't feel like that long ago but it was almost 22 years ago now.  My favourite Wilco album was released that year and I spent the best part of the summer listening to "Summerteeth" almost all summer. When I wasn't listening to that, I had "Utopia Parkway" by Fountains of Wayne in my hears but that's for another day.

Over the past couple of days I've been thinking about all of the misinformation that's being spread about the AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine. It's a bunch of crap and there is a risk of huge numbers of doses being lost or destroyed because of bad information and unnecessary fear. I got the AZ vaccine, almost 2 weeks ago. Other than being a bit fatigued and having a slightly tender arm (which always happens to me whenever I receive a vaccination) I had no horrible, life-threatening side-effects. I'd take the second dose today if I could. As it sits, I'm scheduled to receive it in August. 

In my opinion, and in the opinion of most health care providers, the best vaccine is the one that's in your arm. Speaking of that, while I've been reading all of this conflicting and stupid news, I've had a song from "Summerteeth" stuck in my head, "A Shot in the Arm." So, that's what I'm sharing for Way Back Wednesday today. It's a super sweet live version, recorded for KEXP. Hope you enjoy it and I hope you're either vaccinated or on the list to get a jab. Stay home, stay safe, be kind to each other xo

Maybe all I need is a shot in the arm
Maybe all I need is a shot in the arm
Maybe all I need is a shot in the arm
Maybe all I need is a shot in the arm
Maybe all I need is a shot in the arm
Maybe all I need is a shot in the arm
Maybe all I need is a shot in the arm

No comments: