Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Because It's Tuesday - week of May 11

How is May going for you? So far, this month, because of the stay at home order, I've not had a lot of newsworthy things happening in my life. I did get my first shot of the AZ Vaccine and that was very exciting, in pandemic life anyway, that is what passes for excitement. Also, I was able to visit with my mum and dad on Mother's Day. We looked through some old photo albums and caught up on family news. It was a lovely treat to be outside of my own home for a little while.

Because it's Tuesday, I'm once again sharing a cool cover with you. Today's feature song is along time favourite of mine, originally recorded by Nick Lowe, "Cruel To Be Kind." I'm pretty sure I was in either grade 7 or 8 the first time I heard it and it's just stuck with me all of those since in between. It's always featured on any playlists I'm making for myself and I very rarely can resist the urge to sing along.

Kurt Baker's version of "Cruel To Be Kind" is fantastic. Released in 2010 on his "Got It Covered" EP (which you can pick up from his bandcamp page), it's a fantastic cover of a perfect pop song. If you like the original, I think you'll really enjoy this one. The rest of his catalogue is also worth checking out. He's a great pop songwriter and I really like his sound.

So, I hope you like this. Have a good day, stay safe, stay home, wash your hands, wear your mask, be kind to each other xo

Well I do my best to understand dear
But you still mystify and I want to know why
I pick myself up off the ground
To have you knock me back down, again and again
And when I ask you to explain, you say

You've gotta be cruel to be kind, in the right measure
Cruel to be kind, it's a very good sign
Cruel to be kind, means that I love you, baby
(You've gotta be cruel)
You gotta be cruel to be kind


No comments: