Wednesday, May 05, 2021

Way Back Wednesday - Dirty Water

Mid-week, hump day, whatever you like to call this day, I call it "Way Back Wednesday." I always share an oldie but a goodie song on Wednesdays. Today's vintage tune is by the Standells, "Dirty Water" is an amazing song. Makes me tap my toes and normally gets stuck in my head for a while after I hear it. Unlike some ear worms, I never ever mind having "Dirty Water" play on repeat in my head.

The Standells released their "tribute" to the (at the time) super polluted waters of Boston Harbour and the Charles River in 1965. FYI, they aren't from Boston, they were formed in Los Angeles. Not a big deal, just saying. I love this song and hope you enjoy it too. Stay safe kittens xo 

Yeah, down by the river
Down by the banks of the river Charles
Aw, that's what's happening, baby
That's where you'll find me
Along with lovers, muggers, and thieves
Aw, but they're cool people

No comments: