Thursday, May 13, 2021

Cancon Thursday - Glenfern

Happy Birthday to ME!! That's right, it's my birthday and today, this Centennial baby is turning 54. It's my second COVID birthday and I'll be spending it alone. I did see my parents for a visit on Mother's Day so I did celebrate it with them and I have a piece of yummy dump cake in my fridge which I can break out today. Yee Haw!

In honour of my birthday, I'm sharing a song I really love. It was the first song I played on the stereo of my new car when I picked it up in September. This song is so great that I keep it on most of my playlists. I'm not sure if I have shared it here before and honestly, I don't care because IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!

So here it is, from her recently released, amazing album, Total Freedom (one of my favourite records from last year), a lovely live performance by Kathleen Edwards of her song, "Glenfern." 

Enjoy it kiddos xo

I was so lucky to be under your wing
But I think I went and outgrew 'em
Now when I find myself looking back
I think of all the cool shit that happened
Like, we had a tour bus with a bed in the back
We bought a rock and roll dream, it was total crap
Well, we toured the world, and we played on TV
We met some of our heroes, it almost killed me


No comments: