Thursday, May 06, 2021

Cancon Thursday - Dirty Water

I'm going to keep this one quick today. Hope you don't mind.

Today's Cancon Thurdsay tune is "Dirty Water" by Rock and Hyde. This particular "Dirty Water" is nothing like the one by the Standells (which I shared yesterday). It pales in comparison but, in the late 80's, I always enjoyed hearing this and watching the goofy bathtub themed video. It was made for Much Music. I seem to recall that Much Music gave it a lot of airplay at the time.

Rock and Hyde, for those of you too young to remember much (or any) of the 1980's, were Bob Rock and Paul Hyde, formerly of the Payolas. We all know that Bob Rock became thee Bob Rock, of mega successful rock record producing fame. Paul Hyde, well, I have no idea what happened to that guy. 

I hope you enjoy this bouncy tune with it's goofy but fun video. Stay safe kiddos xo

I swear I've seen your face before
It's been inside my open door
I'm sure I played this game before
Pay a little bit now then later more

No comments: