Friday, September 27, 2019

Not Guilty Just Pleasure - Build

Recently, the super funny Derren Litten's new TV show, Scarborough, launched on BBC One.  I'm a huge fan of his previous series, the long running Benidorm. 

Three episodes of Scarborough have aired so far and I'm loving it.  The stories and characters are fantastic and the seaside town of Scarborough is a lovely setting for the show.  One of my favourite things about this program is the brilliant soundtrack.  At the bottom of this post I've shared the Spotify playlist of songs from this first series of the show.

Because of Scarborough, I've been listening to The Housemartins this week.  In particular, I've been listening to their 1987 album,The People Who Grinned Themselves to Death.  The song I'm sharing today, Build, is amazing (apologies for the quality of the video - it's not great but I wanted to share it anyway rather than just an audio track).  Paul Heaton's vocal on this song is goose bump inducing.  Check it out and if you like it and aren't familiar with The Housemartins, you're in for a treat.  When you're done with them, you can move along to the Beautiful South and then Paul Heaton's solo work.  Fantastic music, beautiful vocals and fascinating lyrics.

Happy Friday kiddos xo

Slow, slow and quick, quick, quick
It's wall-to-wall and brick-to-brick
They work so fast, it makes you sick
It's build...


No comments: