Thursday, September 26, 2019

Cancon Thursday - Wonderdrug

It's Cancon Thursday again (funny how it just keeps happening every week - well most weeks).  Every once in a while, I like to listen to Jann Arden (and if you haven't seen her TV show yet, "Jann" it's fucking hilarious!).

I like a lot of things about Jann Arden.  Obviously, I think that she is a fantastic singer but I also like how open she is about the struggles she's had in life (or, in the case of when she was caregiver to her aging parents, sharing her daily challenges).  I identify a lot with her because, like me, she seems to be completely out of fucks to give about stuff that, at the end of the day isn't that important.  She's also hilarious and at a point in her life where she knows how crucial it is to put yourself first sometimes and do the stuff that makes you happy.  Also, like me, she can totally rock a red lipstick.  Can you see why I feel like Jann Arden is a kindred spirit?

I'm a 50 something woman who, like Jann, had been through the mill.  At this moment in time, I'm happy.  I have so much wonderful stuff going on in my life right now and I know exactly how lucky I am. My life is full of love and laughter and it feels pretty amazing.  So, today, I'm going to share another Jann Arden song with you, this time it's "Wonderdrug" from her 1994 album "Living Under June" (goodness, how did that get to be 25 years old too?).

If you're lucky enough to find someone who is your wonderdrug, hold onto them tight and never let them go xo

Oh my heart shines when you kiss my mouth
What a sweet surprise
And I stop cold when you're in the room
And you look my way
Say my name, say my name


No comments: