Friday, September 20, 2019

Not Guilty Just Pleasure - Hollywood Ending

A couple of years ago, maybe more, I can't remember exactly when... I joined a group on Facebook for folks who were fans of Father John Misty.  It's a pretty active groups and much to my delight, it was not a large group of 20-somethings. The appeal of Joshua Tillman is broad and it was really an "all ages" kind of thing, think of Parker Brothers, 8 to 88 and that's a good way to describe the membership of the "Can Flub."

One of the folks on the group who I connected with is a lovely lady named Gail.  We became "Facebook friends" and started following each other on Instagram.  Gail's taste in music is a lot like mine.  Because she's no kid either, she likes a lot of the same things I do and I've enjoyed learning about stuff that she's into that I wasn't aware of.  One of the bands she's hugely into (like gigantically!!) is a young Los Angeles based band, Starcrawler.  Gail is REALLY into them and her enthusiasm is completely contagious.  Eventually, I checked them out and finally understood what Gail saw in them.

Starcrawler's sound reminds me of some of the bands I loved deeply in the 1990's.  If you haven't checked them out already, give them a listen today (after all, it's "not guilty just pleasure" day around here).  I'm sharing their song and video for "Hollywood Ending." Hope you enjoy it as much and I do xo

And now you think you're a rockstar
Glasses at night, hiding who you are
You fooled around, thinking you’re a king
How was I to know? I was all alone


No comments: