Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Way Back Wednesday - Sonic Bloom

For Way Back Wednesday, I'm sharing a song I've always loved, Sonic Bloom by Tripping Daisy.  Released on their 1998 album "Jesus Hits Like the Atom Bomb." It's a great album (in my opinion anyway, I think they were dropped by their label that years for mediocre sales - lucky for us, out of the ashes of that, Good Records was founded).

As regular readers of this here blog will know, I'm a sucker for a great pop song.   I think that Sonic Bloom is that and much more.

It's a perfect, pretty poppy love song, "the magic's in my heart...believe me" is such a sweet lyric.  For Tripping Daisy, this album was definitely a change from their previous releases. Looking back at it now, you can hear the transition beginning, musically, to Tim DeLaughter's next big thing, the Polyphonic Spree.

This song can always make me smile and I hope you find some joy in it.  Happy hump day kiddos xo

Rushing through my electrical phase
I found a place to hide when you're away
Almost caught myself a breath
I touched your hand, I lost myself instead


No comments: