Tuesday, May 12, 2009

favourite perch


favourite perch
Originally uploaded by Julep67
Our lilac bush looks like it's just about ready to get very pretty. The flower bud thingys started to appear on the weekend and today, they got very dark purple looking. If the sun stays out tomorrow, we may have actual lovely, beautiful smelling, lilacs in the yard on the weekend.

I hope so, I do love them. I can see them from my kitchen window (and from the deck) and they just about the prettiest things around.

Although I was pretty sure that Sam had killed everything in my flower bed last fall, it appears that the hydrangeas may have survived the winter. I plan to clean up the bed this weekend and try to figure out what are weeds and what are actually stuff that we planted. I'm trying to have a whole bed of only perennial stuff because I'm not a big fan of having to plant annuals every year. I don't mind doing baskets but, well, I just would prefer to have a lot of hydrangeas and shasta daisies.

Gardens, spring, sneezing. I really do love this time of the year!

No comments: