Thursday, May 14, 2009

fall down go boom


A Picture/Video Message!
Originally uploaded by taxichefer
All last night, I kept hearing something creaking.

I thought that the gate was open.

I thought that the shed door was open.

I thought that our neighbour's tree was rubbing against our fence and creaking.

turns out, something was creaking but it was the big old Manitoba Maple on our front lawn.

We've been in the house for 4 years and I've never trusted that tree. The city butchered it 2 years ago to make room for heavy equipment which they used to replace the water mains. Apparently, the tree belongs to the city so, when it fell down this morning (after we went to work), they are removing it.

I'm happy it belongs to the city. If it was our tree, it would have cost $650 to have it removed. Apparently, there are trees down all over the place this morning. For once, I'm happy that something like this Is someone else's problem. I can think of lots of things I'd rather spend $650 on instead of tree removal.

No comments: