Monday, October 06, 2008

ugh

It's been over a week since Homecoming but I still have my homecoming head cold.

The way that this thing is hanging on is driving me crazy. On Saturday morning, because neither of us could breathe anymore, we both woke up early. We were hungry and cranky. Quickly we decided to go out for a quick breakfast. The hope was that it would perk us up, we wouldn't have to clean up and then we could come home and go back to sleep.

After breakfast, we actually felt a little better than that so we went home and picked up Sam. He'd not been to the park in a couple of days, due to the sickness, so he was pretty happy to get out and run. While we were at the park, I was frozen but the cold air felt good. I mean, it burned my lungs but afterward, I was pretty glad that we'd done it. After a quick trip to the farmers market for tomatoes and basil, we headed home.

By this time, it was about 9:30 a.m. and we both felt pretty good. Of course, we stupidly "overdid it" I think. Mark went out in the yard and started putting the lawn furniture away, I got doing some cleaning in the house. It felt so good to be moving around and getting something done for a change that I forgot about my cold. By dinner time though, as the sun started to set, we both felt like hammered shit again. I knew we really did do too much on Saturday when I woke up yesterday. I felt worse than I had in a while and slept the afternoon away.

I'm so sick of being sick. I've not bothered the doctor with this because it doesn't feel like it's moving into my chest in a serious or scary way and I know she'll just say "fluids and rest" but seriously, it's exhausting. I want to feel better, to have my energy back and to enjoy the gorgeous fall weather we're experiencing at the moment.

Is that asking too much? /whiney-rant

No comments: