Monday, October 20, 2008

on guard for thee


on guard for thee
Originally uploaded by Julep67
I feel as thought I'm missing the entire month of October. Here it is, the 20th of the month and I've been sick for the whole thing already.

Both Mark and I have been home (on doctor's orders) since Wednesday. We have been poked and prodded and x-rayed and have been taking different concoctions of pills and medicine to try to clear our lungs and feel better. At the moment, the treatment is almost (but not quite) as uncomfortable as the disease.

Our colds developed into acute bronchitis for me and some sort of chest infection for Mark. I now wish that we'd both gone to the doctor's a week earlier but really, we both just thought that we had a bad cold and that it would clear up. HA! Not so.

We've done very little with the exception of quick trips to either the drug store, the supermarket or the dog park over the last 5 days. When my doctor called me on Thursday with the results of my tests, I was relieved that I didn't have pneumonia but she cautioned me, "you may not have pneumonia but you're still very sick." I didn't realize how sick until last night, when I dragged myself into the shower and it damned near killed me. By the time I was done, I was breathing very heavily and could hardly stand up. Fortunately, that feeling didn't last very long but it was frightening, nonetheless.

She's told me to stay home until October 29 but I really don't want to. I'd like to get back to work as soon as possible. At the moment though, I'm taking things one day at a time because that's all I can do.

No comments: