Wednesday, September 10, 2008

hockey hockey hockey

As you know if you have been reading my blog for a while, I am no fan of hockey. Given that Kingston considers itself to be the hockey capital of the universe, folks can give you funny looks at times when you don't get all hot and bothered about whatever hockey news gets fans hot and bothered.

Now, when I first heard about the hullabaloo about the Hockey Night in Canada theme I admit that I thought it was pretty stupid of CTV to have purchased it. I also said to Mark at the time, "why don't they just use Stompin' Tom's "The Hockey Song" and be done with it. Of course, they couldn't do that, because that would be simple and it would also make sense. When the CBC announced that were hosting a contest to find a new theme, I didn't really give it a second thought. It was hockey related and therefore fell off of the list of things I give my time to thinking about.

I've been thinking about it a little more over the past few days because I found out that a friend of mine made a submission and I listened to it. It's quite good and if you are inclined to check things like this out and are interested in voting for him, that would be kind of cool. His name is Matthew Barber and you can listen to his take on Canada's second national anthem here.

Of course, maybe Stompin' Tom will win a write in campaign if enough folks are interested. That would be pretty cool don't you think?

No comments: