Thursday, September 18, 2008

a baby and a dud


waiting for Mark
Originally uploaded by Julep67
Yesterday, early in the morning, my beautiful friend (she's not my friend because I needed a beautiful friend, she just happens to be my friend and is also beautiful) became a mommy. She gave birth to the most gorgeous and talented (she's so alert!!) baby girl on the planet!

In other news, Mark and I recently watched Margaret Cho's new show. Now, I love Margaret, always have. I have to say though, after watching four seasons of Kathy Griffin's My Life on the D-List, it was a little disappointing. I think I just felt a smidgen bit like I'd seen it before. It had it's funny moments and I particularly liked her parents (her mum is great!) but it felt too familiar to me. The formula/format of the show is very very very similar to the format of Kathy's shows.

I wonder if the two of them (who I both love very very much - don't get me wrong) are just too similar in their approach to life to warrant two different shows. I would almost enjoy it more if they did a show together, how awesome would that be!?

No comments: