Tuesday, September 09, 2008

clocks

I’m not exactly sure what our next door neighbor has been upto over the past few weeks but almost every day we can hear the sound of a saw cutting through wood. I think he must be renovating his basement again. This will be the third time since they moved in less than 2 years ago. Strange.

We’ve been thinking about not so much renovating but redecorating our basement. Renovations will be needed of course, there is still some drywall to install and lots of taping and mudding to do. Once that’s finished up though, it’ll be about painting and décor. I realized over the weekend how many boxes of stuff we have down there. I’m sure that some of them do contain knick-knacks but much of what is down there could probably go to the recycle centre or a charity shop.

One of the things I’d like to put down there when we do finally get around to decorating is a grandfather clock. Just like the author of this article about grandfather clock and holiday gift wish lists stated, I also love clocks and I have one or two picked out for our recreation room.

If you look around online, you can find a clock in a style which suits your décor. Personally, I’m just in LOVE with a couple of Howard Miller clocks which I’ve seen online at 1-800-4clocks.com. There is one in particular which I think I would look amazing in our recreation room, a black beauty with silver accents, I can almost picture it in the room, placed between two black bookshelves which are already down there. Now I just have to figure out what paint colour to choose and I’ll be well on my way!!