Monday, September 17, 2007

yip yip yip yip

my phone did not stop ringing today. well not much anyway.

at least it seemed that way. when I was talking on the phone, it didn't ring. sometimes though, that little red message light would start blinking while I was on the phone.

I'm popular, I suppose.



Had a busy day, that kind of busy where you don't realize that it's lunch until your rumbling stomach tells you. It was a good kind of busy though, the kind of busy I actually like. Accomplishing stuff is what I did, some stuff anyway, and that felt good.

On the way home tonight, I noticed lots of folks standing on the sidewalk along Division Street, outside of Beamish-Munro Hall, watching a giant mechanical pair of scissors eat away at the remains of the Jock Harty Arena. It was very a very "Scarfe" moment. Dusty too, not Springfield but the construction variety. Progress in motion.

One more thing, before I go, there are many many reasons why I don't generally watch Awards shows (I will sometimes make an exception to this rule for the Oscars but only if I've seen over 75% of the nominated films in the major categories). I woke up this morning to news that just reinforced why I care so little about awards shows: 30 Rock beat the Office for best comedy?! All I could think was, wft!?

No comments: