Tuesday, September 18, 2007

no water and no gas makes me ...something something

I swear, if I was a five year old boy, I'd be in heaven right now.

There are like a zillion trucks on our street right now. The water main construction took a bad turn today. From the eastern corner of our street to our western next door neighbour (the thief!), the work crew had to drill down 8 feet into solid limestone. In front of our thief neighbour's home, the limestone ended and now the works crew is into mud and sand. It's not as noisy working in that but it's way messy.

This morning, while I stood outside waiting for Mark, I saw steam coming out of a big hole in the street. I didn't think that this was good at all. I'm not sure if it's related or not but they made a big hole in the gas line and apparently, the gas leaked into the neighbourhood for about 5 hours today. They also damaged the existing water main so, for quite a while, we had neither water or gas.

Needless to say, we went out for dinner tonight. Our water was restored but the gas is still off. I'm really glad at this moment, that our water heater is fueled by oil. It just must be a "dumb" day all around. Mark and I actually overheard a guy at the table next to us (at Denny's), ask if they served breakfast. At Denny's. I'm guessing that this guy isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

No comments: