Wednesday, September 19, 2007

violated

Today was a very long day.

I worked at an event this morning and I had to be on site at 6:30 a.m. I was there around 6:20 a.m. but had been awake since around 4 a.m.

Long day indeed.

When we got back to the office, post-event, it was busy. Very busy, exhaustingly busy but the good kind of busy. I actually don't mind the pace but I do find that by the end of days like these, I feel rather drained.

I went looking on you tube for a version of John Lennon's God, performed by him but I couldn't find anything I liked. Both Mark and I like this cover of God which was recorded for the "Darfur" album - buy a copy if you haven't already, the good stuff out numbers the shit and it's for a good cause. I wanted to hear it and share it here because I had to quote a line from it in an email I just finished writing.

Today, on two separate occasions, I felt violated by the beliefs of others. I am sometimes made to feel uncomfortable stating mine so I don't. I can only imagine that this would be a thousand times worse if I were living in the states. It doesn't happen very often and for it to happen twice in one day is not normal. Right now, I don't have to just suck it up so I won't, I'll just share this with you all.

No comments: