Sunday, September 23, 2007

bye bye bad girls

Probably 4 years ago (I'm guessing), the W Network started showing "Bad Girls" daily. For a while I taped the shows and really enjoyed them. Unfortunately, W only had the rights to the first 2 or 3 seasons so I went for a very long time before I was able to see Seasons 4 and on.

Eventually, I was *ah-um* able to locate the remainder of the series. In total, there were 8 seasons plus some Christmas specials. Last year, at the end of the year, I had 4 weeks off and I spent some of the dreary winter days watching marathons of Bad Girls. I really enjoyed the show. It was intriguing and, at times, disturbing. I'm not entirely sure how accurate a picture it painted of life behind bars in the UK but I really enjoyed it.

The story lines were realistic at times, at others, far-fetched. Earlier today, I watched the last Christmas special from series 8 and I must admit, I feel a little sad. I spent a lot of time scrounging around for episodes that it feels weird to have seen them all now. It's just a tv show I know but, after 8 seasons, you can really get attached to the characters. I supposed I'll just have to find something else to watch while I do laundry huh?

No comments: