Tuesday, September 04, 2007

flowergirl mackenzie


flowergirl mackenzie
Originally uploaded by Julep67
I booked a vacation day to add onto the long weekend so I didn't go into work today. Given how messed up and turned around I got over the weekend, I didn't mind staying home today.

This morning, I got up at the normal time as Mark was heading off to work. Also, I wanted to get some laundry done before the work started outside at 7 a.m. You just never know if they are going to shut the water off or not.

In the end, they did not but I had my laundry and a couple of other chores done early, which was nice. I don't think it's overly optimistic to guess that we might be back in our driveway by the weekend. Our next door neighbour (to the east) is back in his tonight. We noticed that dump trucks were delivering the big chunks of limestone which had been hauled away a couple of weeks ago and slowly, the hole is being filled in again.

It's a really big hole. I imagine that between what they are doing to the east of us and how long it'll take to fill things back in, it'll be at least the weekend. Having spent the past couple of weeks climbing over trenches and large pieces of machinery, I'll have a whole new appreciation for our driveway when it returns, guaranteed.

No comments: