Saturday, August 19, 2006

just lovely

so far our day off is going very well.

we both slept in, had a leisurely breakfast and we're enjoying a somewhat lazy day.

I have been puttering around the house a bit, cleaning and what not. I've also managed to get into the pool once (and plan to go again shortly). It's not as warm today as it was when we were off in July but it's pretty nice all the same.

It's been really quiet in the neighbourhood but I don't expect that to last. There have been small crowds of children hanging out around the Memorial Centre fence, clammering to see the big trucks that are moving in as part of a monster truck show. Some things never change, do they? I remember when we were kids, going to the Ottawa Ex (and this was a loooong time ago) and kids were clammering around monster trucks then. I don't quite understand the fascination but it seems to be something that is cross-generational.

oooh...I think I hear my floating pool thingy calling my name. Happy Friday kiddos!!

No comments: