Thursday, August 24, 2006

doeth!


rainy sunday
Originally uploaded by Julep67.
it's been raining here, off and on, all week. the evenings are cooler too. it's kinda sad and definitely yucky. summer is way too short, already I can feel the end of it creeping up on me.

my allergies are driving me crazy too. I feel like I have a cold but I don't think I have a cold, I think it's allergies. I have been coughing since I got home but I didn't do that all day. Mostly I sneezed and sniffled all day.

fun times huh?

On an up note, it's the long weekend again for me. I'm off for three whole days and I'm looking forward to it. I have a little bit of work that I brought home with me (that I can do while the laundry rolls around the washer) but I'm hoping it won't take me too long.

I want tomorrow to mostly be a day of leisure, of lazing around.

in other news, our "new" next-door-neighbours (they moved in around the May long weekend) are having a pool put in. I tell ya, the folks they bought their house from hid out inside all the time. When they were outside, it was very brief and they weren't very friendly. snobby is how I'd describe it.

Now the new neighbours, they are the wave hello type. I like that kind of neighbour. You don't have to have them over to dinner (which we probably wouldn't anyway because 1. from the smell of their barbecue, they like really overcooked food and 2. they smoke cigarettes) but if your house was on fire or being burgled, they would probably report it to someone who could so something about it.

Anyway, they have been busting their hoopity-doos all summer on their yard. They put in a new privacy fence and have done lots of landscaping. It looks like they are putting in one of those "on ground" pools. They have a big digger over there, and dump trucks out front and stuff. I'm sure it'll take a couple of days to get it together. I keep wanting to call over to them "Tis a fine barn, but sure tis no pool english."

I'm basing this totally on appearances (they are an older couple who are prone to sitting in their driveway playing celtic style music on a guitar) they probably wouldn't get the reference or find it funny. I think it's funny though and I guess as long as I can still amuse myself, that's all that matters, right?

No comments: