Saturday, March 18, 2006

picking and grinning


picking out oranges
Originally uploaded by Julep67.
So far, "operation: weekend lazy" is well underway.

I "slept in" this morning until around 6 a.m. Just in case you think that this is not "sleeping in", this is totally sleeping in for a person who is up at 4:30 a.m. through the week. Mark got up about an hour later and he spent a good chunk of the morning cleaning fish tanks. I helped out a little, scrubbing their toys and air rocks but he did the biggest chunk of it.

Last night, after dinner, we went out and did a few errands. Neither of us really wanted to but I'm glad we did. It means that there is really no where we have to go this weekend. That's a nice feeling.

I have a few things that I'd like to accomplish this weekend: laundry, change the bed, sort out two huge mounds of paper, install tax software. Once the papers are sorted and the software is installed, we can actually do our taxes. I hope not to be doing them at the last minute this year. They aren't difficult, I just tend to put stuff like that off as long as is humanly possible.

Once the papers are sorted out, it should be easier to figure out what to do with the glut of "stuff" in my office here at home. I still have a bunch of stuff in boxes on the floor because I don't really have a "proper" desk. We got Mark one shortly after we moved in. The trouble with my office is that there is a closet, a window and a door in it, and it's a long, narrow room so finding something that will fit without blocking the window, door, heat vent or closet, is a challenge. We'll figure it out eventually but I don't think it'll be today! I would like to go through the boxes though. I'm hoping that because most of the stuff in them has now been packed up for the better part of a year, I may discover that it's not stuff I need to hang onto.

Speaking of a year, it was exactly 52 weeks ago today that we came and looked at our house for the first time. In a way, it's really hard to believe that it was a whole year ago. In another way, I have a hard time remembering what it felt like to live in the old house. I really love our house. I know that you're not really supposed to love things but I don't care!

No comments: