Saturday, July 23, 2005

so far so good

We've now been on vacation for less than 24 hours and it's going very well so far.

My friend Dan is arriving soon. We were out running errands all afternoon and I was afraid that he may have arrived while we weren't home but he just called and he's still 30 kilometers from here. It's been a while since we've seen him so it'll be a good visit I'm sure.

When he lived here, he was a bartender at a pub downtown so our plan is to go there for dinner and a few pints. Well, he and Mark will have some pints, I'll be the dd. A friend's band is also playing tonight but I have a feeling that it's starting too late for me. I'm getting so old and we're on such a weird schedule now that I can not stay up much past 11 p.m. on the weekends for the life of me.

One of the things we picked up when we were out was a new chair for my office. Right now, I'm using an old kitchen chair, which I don't mind, but we both want to get new, proper office chairs as our old one died before we moved so it got chucked out. It's out in the car at the moment, I think Mark's planning to assemble it tomorrow. We got it at costco and it was a pretty good deal.

The humidity finally broke today so I actually got out into the back garden this morning. Of course, my plan was to get up at 6 a.m. and do it before it got too hot. Sadly, I slept in and didn't make it out there until 10 a.m. By that time, it was pretty hot in the sun and I think I made myself a little sick. I did a fair bit of stuff, trimming away seedlings and hacking at some of the weeds, but it didn't really put a dent in it. Our back yard totally needs some kind of extreme makeover and I can tell you, it won't be happening this summer!

No comments: