Friday, December 26, 2003

It's the year-end Friday Five:

1. What was your biggest accomplishment this year?

Changing our lifestyle in such a way that the result was my losing over 70 pounds in 9 months and (miraculously) keeping it off for the past 3 months.

2. What was your biggest disappointment?

Not losing any weight over the past 3 months...Although, when I think about all the shit that we've been going through, maintaining the weight loss was pretty cool.

3. What do you hope the new year brings?

Less stress and more weight-loss (do you see a theme developing here friends?).

4. Will you be making any New Year's resolutions? If yes, what will they be?

I'm resolving to do a few things:

- to continue with the decluttering of the house that I began in late 2002. We've got the big stuff out the way, I need to go through the closets and corners and really get into the nitty gritty of it. Our house is too small for much of the crap we have. As much as I hate to admit it (because that mimbo carpenter really bugs my ass), the show Clean Sweep has been a big inspiration to me recently.

- carry on with the stuff I started in 2003 with regards to fitness and health. We've sort of fallen into holiday malaise over the past couple of weeks but come January 5, bootcamp starts all over again and I'm looking forward to it. The best I felt over the past year was when I really in the zone as far as my exercise regime went.

- finish reading the pile of books I have sitting in the living room. Until I finish them, I don't want to buy any new books!

5. What are your plans for New Year's Eve?

It's just another night to me. I work at an institution of higher learning so the new year always seems to start in September for me. Mark will be working all day on the 31st and again really early on the 1st so we'll probably just go to bed at our normal time.

No comments: