Wednesday, December 17, 2003

I spent the past two days (yes, entire days -- like when it was light out!) shopping. Yesterday, I did a bunch of errands with Mark's dad in the morning and spent the afternoon running errands for us (like groceries and other sundry stuff that is non-related to the big holiday next week). Today, I did holiday shopping. I was out from 8:30 a.m. until late this afternoon. I think I got it all done though.

The weather was kind of nasty here today. It started out raining and then turned into wet snow. Fortunately, the snow didn't accumulate so the roads were pretty good. It looked a lot worse than it was so I think it kept a lot of folks out of the shoppes. This was good for me though because the traffic wasn't horrible, I managed to get parked every place I went to and I think I have just about everything I need.

shopping

It doesn't look like much but that's not actually all of it, it's just what I squeezed into the photo. I still have to sort it all out and wrap it up. I think I'll stay put tomorrow. I want to get some housework done and then this weekend I'll start my baking. I'm not doing a lot (well not as much as last year) but I'm going to do a few things. I like to give it away as gifts to some folks (if it all turns out anyway). I know it only comes once a year but it's such a lot of hoopla and running around. I really look forward to it just being over and done with every year. I'm not quite Bah-Humbug but not exactly overly excited about it either.

It was kind of sick actually, watching folks in a haze shopping today. Many people looked like zombies wandering around. I'm just happy that I won't have to spend too much more time out amongst them again. I know that I feel like a zombie tonight so I probably looked like one too. I know that by the time I was finishing up, I'd started mumbling to myself as I walked up and down the store aisles. You know it's time to go home when you do that!!

No comments: