Thursday, December 25, 2003

For all intents and purposes, Christmas is now over for another year...for us anyway. I mean, we have a few people who we'll be seeing over the next few days but the biggest part of it is now behind us.

We spent the best part of the day at my mum's (well, from about 11:30 a.m. to 5:45 p.m.). She likes to have her big meal at midday and that suits me down to the ground. We had a nice meal and then exchanged gifts afterwards. A big part of our holiday involves the exchange of those scratch ticket packets that the Ontario Lottery Corporation puts out so we end up sitting around the table scratching our tickets for a couple of hours. We visit while we scratch and it's all very civilised and cordial.

A lot of fun was had (I think) by all today. We got some really nice gifts this year, lots of little nifty/useful things and some fun stuff (like CD's, DVD's and cash). I gave Mark The Office Season One, Mr Show Season Three and Run Ronnie Run. My brother Pat gave me a copy of Heartworn Highways (which looks like it will be fucking brilliant!). Mark gave me a bunch of stuff from my amazon wish list: Sopranos Season Four, South Park Season Three (a lovely surprised as we had rewatched Season Two last night -- The Charlie Manson Family Christmas Special rawks!!), The Best of Arliss and a box set of three John Hughes films -- Sixteen Candles, Weird Science and The Breakfast Club. So, as you can see, we'll have a lot of stuff to watch this winter....yay!!

Speaking of which, I can hear the soothing sounds of the Mr Show floating up from downstairs so I'll dash now. Hope you all had a great Christmas!!

No comments: