Monday, September 22, 2003

The weekend was a blur, a good blur, but a blur nonetheless.

I bit the bullet on the weekend and had my hair chopped off. 14 inches of it. I now have 5 10 inch braids in my possession which I will be donating to "Locks of Love" in the next few days. I can honestly say that I feel light-headed. I can not get over how much all that extra hair was dragging me down. This is the first time that I've had a big chunk of hair cut in 5 or 6 years. I also coloured it yesterday, Indian Poppy red. I really like it, it's fun. It feels a little odd to have bouncy hair that is not pulled back in a pony-tail or braid!

We spent yesterday doing chores. I worked on the inside and Mark worked on the shed. It was a huge mess. Since we moved in 2000, we just kept piling and piling stuff in there with no real sense of organization. He pulled out all the crap that we're getting rid of, reorganized the stuff we're keeping, installed shelving, the works!! It looks fabulous. I cleaned the house from top to bottom, dug out my fall clothes, packed up my summer stuff, put a big bag together for goodwill and did a tonne of laundry. It was a very productive day and I feel great about it. It's nice to know that over the next couple of weeks, when work hits frenzy mode, at least the house will be organized!

No comments: