Friday, September 05, 2003

So, The Matthew Good Band's bus is parked outside my window right now. Yay! How I love to see transport trucks and tour buses taking up already precious parking spots on a Friday. What a pain in the bum. I know that Frosh Week comes but once a year but couldn't they a) have a frosh week concert that actually isn't boring and b) have it somewhere that doesn't require eating up huge numbers of parking spaces.

Boggles the mind, really. Our office has been kind of stinky today too. There are doing construction a couple of buildings over and this tar smoke has been billowing around for the past couple of days. I had to close the window a little while ago because it was so gross.

Oh well, c'est la vie, right?

This week's Friday Five:

1. What housekeeping chore(s) do you hate doing the most?

I really don't like cleaning the bathroom, particularly the bath tub. We have very hard water where we live and it makes cleaning the bath tub a huge, gross job.

2. Are there any that you like or don't mind doing?

I wouldn't say that I like it but I don't mind doing laundry. I used to hate it when I had to go to the laudromat. Now that we have our own washer and dryer I really don't mind it at all because I can do other things at the same time.

3. Do you have a routine throughout the week or just clean as it's needed?

We wash dishes after every meal and try to keep things tidy through the week. I do laundry every weekend (through the week I'll do a load if I have to) and I'll also do the bathroom and the vacuuming on the weekend too but not at a set time or on a set day.

4. Do you have any odd cleaning/housekeeping quirks or rules?

I like to be home alone when I'm cleaning. I also try to do in the morning and I don't let myself have a shower until whatever I'm cleaning is done. This makes me work a lot faster, trust me!

5. What was the last thing you cleaned?

I did some dishes and cleaned up the kitchen counter this morning just before I left for work....Oh, unless cleaning my coffee mug at work counts. If it does, then that's the last thing I cleaned!

No comments: