Wednesday, September 11, 2002

Not off to such a good start was I?

It's very dark this morning, it's been very dark every morning this week, I guess summer is almost over. It doesn't feel like summer's almost over though, given that it's been 30+ Celsius all week and the air has been thick and humid. It feels very spooky that the weather is so tropical this late in the year, usually by now, the leaves are starting to turn and the air has a delicious bite to it, a crispness.

On the up side, perhaps we'll be shovelling less come late December...I guess Global Warming does have it's benefits.

I think that I'm possibly the last person on the planet to do so, but I've started reading High Fidelity by Nick Hornby. I picked it up last night and actually read for an entire hour (which is rare for me because I don't often have an entire hour free in the evenings). It's terrific so far, I'm going to try to take another hour tonight and carry on with it. I hadn't realized how much I missed reading until I started doing it again.

No comments: