Tuesday, September 17, 2002

I think that I'm a fairly decent human being. I try to be fair, to be courteous, to work hard, to do my share. I'm usually on time, I try to not break promises and to tell the truth whenever possible. I think that basically, I'm a nice person.

Today I've been thinking about that old expression "Nice Guys Finish Last." I never agreed with it, I always though "at least you finish." You don't get discouraged too easily, you don't cop out of things because they're too hard. You do your best and you get things done, quietly. Maybe that other old nugget "the squeeky wheel get the grease" is hitting a little too close to home these days.

Have you ever noticed how some folks seem to live their lives, totally bullet-proof? They are loud, late, ignorant, rude, inconsiderate, manipulative and mean, and this behavour is rewarded. They get promotions, raises, public praise and private perks. I get angry when I hear about things like this... about how people who are just mean and miserable seem to get away with bad behaviour and seemingly never have to pay the consequences for their actions.

It's a good thing that I believe in Karma. If I didn't, I'd be a lot angrier right now than I am.

No comments: