Friday, September 20, 2002

I'm an early bird.

My partner drives a taxi so he leaves for work between 5:15 & 5:30 a.m. We're up before 5 most mornings. This means that we are usually in bed, asleep by 9:30 p.m. We've been doing this for almost a year now and I must say that I do like this schedule. I don't leave for work until around 7:30 a.m. so I have some time on my own in the mornings to get some stuff done around the house or just chill out if I want to.

According to the cab company, our neighbourhood (or "zone") is called "The War Time." The majority of the homes around here were build in the late 1940's and early 1950's for returning war veterans who would be working at the local Aluminum factory (the old factory's property runs along the west side of this "zone"). The stillness of the "War Time" at this time of day is lovely. There aren't any buses or souped up cars (with sub woofers in the trunks) racing up our street. No kids zooming around on their bikes or drippling their basketballs. This part of town is very residential. We have an elementary school at one of end of our street and a high school at the other. There are commercial areas surrounding our neighbourhood but they are not close enough that we can hear any noise from them.

Despite it's name, It's very peaceful and still here right now. I love living in the "War Time." It's nice. It feels like it's going to be a good day.


No comments: