Tuesday, April 04, 2023

Because It's Tuesday - week of April 4

The Walker Brothers - The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore
It's a short week around here (and hopefully around where you are too). I'm not feeling super chatty but wanted to make a post anyway. I'll keep this brief (I can almost hear you saying "yay").

Today's cover song (I always share a cover on Tuesdays) was written for the Righteous Brothers. The song never made it them because Frankie Valli first. He released it as a single in 1965. It was kind of a dud for him. The Walker Brothers released their version a year later, which was a huge hit.

The song of the day is "The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore." It's been covered by many artists over the years. The version I'm sharing today was released in 2019 by The Explorers Club. You can pick up your very own copy it from their bandcamp page. It's their homage to the great Scott Walker.

I hope you give it a listen, I love their sound, and they did a terrific job with it.

Have a good Tuesday, kiddos xo

Emptiness is the place you're in
There's nothing to lose but no more to win
The sun ain't gonna shine anymore
The moon ain't gonna rise in the sky
The tears are always clouding your eyes
When you're without love

No comments: