Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Way Back Wednesday - Whatever Gets You Thru The Night

How is everyone doing today?
John Lennon - Whatever Gets You Through The Night

The busy stuff I was experiencing last week is still going on this week. To give myself a little break and do something fun, I decided to make a new post today rather than recycle an archival post (which I did yesterday). 

We're at the midway point of the working week and as you know, on Wednesday, I share an older song with you.

This week's Way Back Wednesday song is "Whatever Gets You Thru The Night" by John Lennon. It was released as a single back in 1974 (on Apple Records). You can find it on his Walls and Bridges album (which was also released in 1974). If the harmony vocals and piano on this track sound familiar, they should - Elton John sings and plays on the song.

The video is super cute. It was originally created in 1991 with illustrations from "The John Lennon Sketchbook."

I had no idea until I looked it up but this was the only number one US single during his lifetime (it made it to number two on the Canadian charts). It's a super fun, catchy song and I'm sure if you give it a listen, you'll be dancing around your house in no time!

Happy Hump Day kids xo

Hold me, darlin', come on, listen to me
I won't do you no harm
Trust me, darlin', come on, listen to me
Come on, listen to me, come on, listen, listen

No comments: