Thursday, April 27, 2023

CanCon Thursday - On To Checkpoint Bravo

Operation: Jet Set
Happy Thursday kiddos.

Posting this a bit later than I normally do but hey, better late than never, right?

How is your week going? I'm having one of those weeks, where, each morning when the alarm goes off, I say to myself, "It's Friday, right?"

Yeah, not so much. 

When I woke up this morning, it was only Thursday. 

It's been a decent day though, no serious complaints to be had. If you'll indulge me for a moment with a small criticism/observation, I will say this: my head has felt like it's inside a bucket of jello because of seasonal allergies. It's so nice to see the trees bursting out with buds but yikes. my head is foggy. It's a nice problem to have though, because spring is sprouting all over the place and green is much prettier than whatever colour dirty snow and frozen slush is.

Getting to the music: today's Can Con Thursday song is "On To Checkpoint Bravo" by Ottawa's incredible purveyors of sweet surf sounds, The Reverb Syndicate. I know that they have recently starting playing shows again (after a long pandemic-induced break). You should definitely check them out if you see that they are playing in your town. Also, they have some pretty awesome records you can pick up at a show or through your local record store.

Watch out for the midges and have a good day kiddos xo



No comments: