Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Way Back Wednesday - Ever Fallen In Love

Ever Fallen In Love With Someone
Today's Way Back Wednesday song is "Ever Fallen In Love (with someone you shouldn't have Fallen in love with)" by Buzzcocks.

Written by Pete Shelley, Ever Fallen in Love was released in 1978 and ranked as the Number 1 song of the year by NME. I have always loved this song, and let's face it, it's totally relatable. We've all fallen in love with someone we shouldn't have fallen in love with at some point in our lives. It's a universal message to all of us hapless sad sacks. Unrequited love truly sucks.

Fortunately for humans, it's easily forgotten when the real thing comes along. That's been my experience anyway, as the kids used to say, "YMMV" (your mileage may vary). I have no idea what the kids say these days, but I'm in the last month of my 55th year, so I'm not expected to keep up.

No matter how old I get, Buzzcocks will always be cool. Enjoy this performance from Top of the Pops and have a good day, folks xo

I can't see much of a future
Unless we find out what's to blame, what a shame
And we won't be together much longer
Unless we realize that we are the same
 

No comments: