Thursday, April 06, 2023

Can Con Thursday - Officer Down

Let's Just Stay Here
Happy fake Friday everyone. I love a long weekend and am happy to have tomorrow off. I hope that you get to enjoy an extra day off this week.

For Can Con Thursday, I'm sharing "Officer Down" by Caroline Mark and NQ Arbuckle. I can't remember when I first heard this song but I loved it from the first listen and it remains, so many years later, a song I can hear every day and never tire of. I think that Neville and Caroline's voices blend together beautifully.

My interpretation of the song is that the guy is in a new relationship with a girl named Jen (Juliet-Echo-November). So far, things are going well. It seems that they may be going better than he expected and he's cautiously optimistic (even if he's yet to develop deep romantic feelings for Jen). Not exactly a passionate story of love's young dream but a far more realistic portrayal of a newish relationship, after you've been burnt a few times in the past.

Of course, I could be wrong. That's just what I'm hearing. I hope you give it a listen because it really is a great song by a group of very talented Canadian musicians.

Stay safe kiddos xo

Drunk while you're asleep
I sneak around the bed like a burglar
And you don't even notice when
I knock over your glass of water
It's hard to be a good man listening
To the Drive-By Truckers
But you're so good to me it's weird
I think I'm happy

No comments: