Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Way Back Wednesday - Panama

Over the holidays, we spent a large chunk of an evening waiting for some travelers to return home by bus. Either the bus was late or we had read the schedule incorrectly, either way, we were stuck in a dark, empty, cold parking lot, trying to keep the dog amused while we waited...and waited...and waited.

For our amusement, I started playing songs on my phone, primarily songs from our childhood / teen years. It was pretty goofy and a lot of fun taking this musical stroll down memory lane.  The last song we heard before the bus from Vancouver arrived was the Van Halen classic, "Panama."  From their 1984 album, entitled 1984, "Panama" (or Pamana as I just mis-typed it) was a pretty bit hit and I remember that the video was in heavy rotation on the music video shows of the era.

Re-watching the video now is amusing. I really see where Kody Brown (of Sister Wives) gets his hair inspiration.  Sadly, I guess he doesn't realize that Dave got away with that hair over 35 years ago, it doesn't really cut it now.  Anyway, for your listening enjoyment, I'm sharing Van Halen's "Panama" with you.

Happy Hump day kittens xo

She's blinding, I'm flying
Right behind the rear-view mirror now
Got the feeling, power steering
Pistons popping, ain't no stopping now


No comments: