Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Way Back Wednesday - I Wanna Be Loved

Yesterday was all about "I wanna be adored" and today is all about "I wanna be loved"

Despite the fact that Elvis Costello once described his 1984 album, Goodbye Cruel World, as one of his worst, it has remained, for over 35 years now, one of my favourite albums by Elvis Costello and the Attractions.  If you're interested in the album, you should definitely listen to the episode of Malcolm Gladwell's "Revisionist History" Podcast where Elvis talks about it (click here to find it).

Although Elvis is probably one of the world's most talented song writers, the song I'm sharing today (from "Goodbye Cruel World") is a cover. "I Wanna Be Loved" (by Teacher's Edition) was originally released on Hi Records in 1973. If the backing vocals sound really familiar, they should because Green Gartside from Scritti Politti is the BV on this song. I really love this song, I love Elvis Costello and the Attractions and the video is very sweet. I had forgotten just how lovely it was until I re-watched it this week.

Give it a listen and let me know what you think. Happy hump day kittens xo

I guess I'm a victim of loneliness
But why should this be my destiny?
A foolish man for a lot of my life
Shouldn't there be someone
Someone for me?

No comments: