Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Way Back Wednesday - More Than A Feeling

As I mentioned last Wednesday (when I shared Van Halen's "Panama" with you), a few weeks ago, we spent a good sized chunk of time in a dark, cold, parking lot waiting for a bus to arrive. One of the "boy that takes me back" songs we listened to was Boston's "More Than A Feeling."

The first time I remember seeing an actual Boston LP in person was at my cousin Kathy's house, sometime in the 1970's. It was in my Aunt & Uncle's rec room, which, if I recall correctly had awesome reddish orange shag carpet (because of course it did!). Kathy was into Boston, KISS, and the Bay City Rollers (she was two years older than me). I was big into KC and the Sunshine Band but that's a story for another post on another Way Back Wednesday.This song was their first single, from their self-titled debut and it was a huge huge hit in 1976.

It's one of those songs, whether you like to admit it or not, you know all of the words to and can't resist singing along to AND playing air guitar (or air drums) if it comes on the radio and you're in the car, alone. Right? We really enjoyed it and I'm not ashamed to admit it (after all, I dumped the whole guilty thing from my Friday posts).

So, here you go, for Way Back Wednesday, Boston's monster hit classic, "More Than A Feeling" (not to be confused with Kirk Van Houten's "Can I Borrow A Feeling").

So many people have come and gone
Their faces fade as the years go by
Yet I still recall as I wander on
As clear as the sun in the summer sky


No comments: