Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Way Back Wednesday - Heroes

For Way Back Wednesday, I'm sharing an older song, one I really like by an artist I love and miss very much.

Thinking about it, the first time I remember be actually aware of who David Bowie was, I was 12  years old.  I had either snuck out of bed or begged my mum to let me stay up to watch Saturday Night Live.  Not for any particular reason other than it was on late and it was funny and I felt sort of grown up watching it.  David Bowie, with Joey Arias and Klaus Nomi, performed in a skirt.  I thought he was just about the coolest guy I'd ever seen.  In that moment, I became a massive fan of David Bowie.

Today, for Way Back Wednesday, I'm sharing the title track from his 1979 album, Heroes. I still listen to this and so many Bowie songs regularly, it's like he's still here.  Thank goodness for all of the wonderful music he left us xo


And the shame, was on the other side
Oh, we can beat them, forever and ever
Then we could be heroes just for one day



No comments: