Thursday, June 20, 2019

Cancon Thursday - That Girl

Happy Thursday folks.

As you know, if it's Thursday I'm going to be sharing some music by a Canadian artist.

In the 1990's I was big big big into Canadian music, mostly in the indie rock vein but not always.  Through some friends at the radio station, I got into a bit of trip hop (is that still a thing?) and eventually discovered a super talented Canadian artist from Toronto who was making some great sounds.

Today, I'm sharing a song by Esthero.  It's from her 1998 debut album "Breath from another." I loved that album from the first time I listened to it. Ms Englishman is a thoughtful songwriter and she tackles some pretty tough subject matter at times.

This album has almost constantly been in my regular rotation since it was released in the spring of 1998. It's got a timeless quality to it that I love.

I'm sharing the video for "That Girl" today and hope you enjoy it. xo



No comments: