Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Because It's Tuesday - week of June 18

Happy Tuesday from beautiful Summerland, British Columbia.

This is my first visit to BC and I'm a bit overwhelmed by the incredible gorgeousness of the South Okanagan. I'm spending some time with wonderful people and enjoying a long overdue break.

I decided that I will try to post here now and then while I'm on vacation. It might end up being as regularly scheduled but it also may not.

As is my habit, because it's Tuesday I'm sharing a cover song. John Lennon's songs are frequently covered. Sometimes the versions are good and sometimes they suck. Today I'm sharing a cover which is really quite good.

Arcade Fire is a band I've always liked. I'm not a fanatical super fan but I enjoy hearing their new stuff when it's available. Recently they released a version of the beautiful tune "Baby Mine" for the soundtrack of the new Dumbo movie. I've not seen the film but I did like what they did with "Baby Mine." Admittedly, I prefer Bonnie Raitt's version from the "Stay Awake" compilation.

Today's cover is Arcade Fire's take on John Lennon's " Mind Games"

Hope you enjoy it kiddos xo



No comments: