Wednesday, June 05, 2019

Way Back Wednesday - Let's Go

Happy Hump Day kids!!

Well, way back Wednesday has rolled around again.  Today's song is an old favourite from the days when my friends and I used to hang out at the roller rink (yikes!!).

I think we were probably regulars at our local roller rink between grades 7 and 9.  I'm pretty sure that once we got to grade 10, we didn't go much but boy, we sure did spend a lot of time under the strings of Christmas lights that flashed over the rink.  Pretty much every surface, except the floor, was covered in shag carpeting.  It was one of the first places we were allowed to go without adult supervision.  Our parents (or in some cases, older siblings) would drop us off at the front doors and away we'd go for 4 or 5 hours of skating and giggling and following boys around in the most awkward fashion.  I recall I got pretty good at playing air hockey while wearing my skates.

So, today's song is by one of the bands who were in heavy rotation back then, The Cars.  Whenever I hear the opening to "Let's Go" it just takes me back to Studio 801 and all of those weekend afternoons with my friends, with our Farrah Fawcett hair dos, lip smackers and our satin bomber jackets.  I am pretty sure I don't have any photos of us from that time but I sure wish I had. 

Let's go is such a great song, the Cars are still in my regular rotation, hope you enjoy this.

She's winding them down on her clock machine
And she won't give up 'cause she's seventeen
She's a frozen fire, she's my one desire


No comments: