Friday, May 25, 2018

Not Guilty, Just Pleasure Friday - Queen

Since high school (a long, long time ago, remember kittens, I graduated in 1986), I've been a fan of Everything But The Girl.  Ben and Tracey's solo projects have always drawn me in too.  I love the sounds that they create together and apart.

Tracey's latest record is called, simply, Record (on the wonderful Merge Records label - you can order it here:  https://www.mergerecords.com/record).  It's simply awesome.  My copy finally arrived last week along with "Bedsit Disco Queen: How I Grew Up and Tried to be a Pop Star."  I've been wanting to read it for a while and now, I have no excuse not to.

Anyway, today's no guilt / all pleasure song is "Queen," the first single from Record.  I really think it's cool how Tracey's voice has matured.  We're none of us getting any younger, she's around my age and I like how, while she still very much sounds like Tracey, her wisdom and experience is coming through now too.

I just love this song, I hope you will too.  Happy weekend to you all of you beautiful people xo

No comments: