Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Because It's Tuesday - week of May 22

Hope you all survived / enjoyed the long weekend.  I know that summer officially starts in a month but the unofficial start is always Victoria Day weekend.

When that unofficial start happens, I begin to pull out my "summer" playlists.  Regular readers here will recall my deep geeky love for Fountains of Wayne.  I always associate their power pop perfection with summertime, probably because I heard them for the first time during an early '90's summer.

Now, recently I featured them covering Aztec Camera.  Today, I'm sharing Bowling For Soup's cover of "Stacy's Mom." Not unlike the original, their version is fast and fun and is easy to sing along with while you're playing it in the car at a high volume, with your windows down.  A perfect combination for a summer song.

Happy summer listening lovelies xo


No comments: