Friday, January 16, 2009

a little friday fun

So far, I'm having a great day. The heat is on, the sun is shining and I'm really accomplishing a lot. It feels really great. And it's Friday! Technically, it's now Friday afternoon so that means that I only have to wait a few more hours before I'll be home with my dogs (and Mark) for the whole weekend.

For over a year now, there has been a major construction project underway just north of our house. It's going to be one of those giant box malls which I'm not a massive fan of but, there is a really nice grocery store going into it. It's our favourite flavour of grocery store and it'll be way closer to our house than any other grocery store in town. They are opening up today so we're going to head over after work and do our weekly shop. Some folks in town are upset about the store opening because the owners are closing another store when this one opens. The old store is in a low income neighbourhood and most of the current customers can walk there. This new store is not easy to get to by walking and it's not easily accessible by public transit (such as it is right now). Hopefully, there will be a shuttle service, or the city buses will change their route to make it easier for folks to get to the store. I'm just really looking forward to shopping in the new store and not having to trek out to the west end of town for groceries anymore.

In honour of FoTC returning to TV on Sunday (I cannot wait!!), here's a little clip to make you smile:

No comments: