Friday, January 23, 2009

bad case of the drips

The temperature is hovering around zero today and everything is melting. We have gigantic, scary looking icicles hanging on our little cottage office. When you look out the window, it feels a little like you are standing on the tongue of a big monster, peeking through his teeth. The icicles drip constantly so it's also as if he's drooling before he starts chewing on you and swallowing you. yuck.

We're supposed to see a return to frosty-ness tomorrow though so all of this melting will make for many frozen icy surfaces in the morning. ick.

Because it's Friday, I thought it would be appropriate to have a musical interlude. Now, I don't only listen to music on Fridays, I listen to music every day. I'm not a very good video watcher though. I would say that I'm a mid-sized fan of Clap Your Hands Say Yeah. Today, I saw an article about them "taking a break, not breaking up" and there was a link to a video for "Is This Love?" (not to be confused with Alison Moyet's "Is this love?"). I love the song but had never seen the video. I now love the video too. It's cute and clever and colourful and parts of it literally suck.

Enjoy!

No comments: