Thursday, April 06, 2006

officially contagious

I have been diagnosed with bronchitis. I have been prescribed $50 worth of anti-biotics. Kick-ass anti-biotics apparently. Side effects include all kinds of nasty stomach situations. If they make me feel better they are worth every penny.

It's been five years since I last had bronchitis. This version is apparently a particularly nasty viral version. I'm sleep deprived and in a lot of discomfort right now. For two days, I've been wishing for a big sneeze. A few moments ago, it happened and I bit my tongue in the middle of it.

Right now, I'm trying to keep myself awake while I wait for my boss to call me back. My doctor has told me stay home for a week, until the anti-biotics are done and she's given me the "all clear."

Things will get even more backed up at work than they already are but given how shit-actular I feel right now, I can't really concern myself with it too much. Once I talk to my boss and figure a few things out, I'll feel better mentally and will able to go back to bed. Being sick, being this sick, just sucks so bad. Hopefully, once the pills kick in (in a few days), I'll start feeling better and I'll cry a whole lot less than I am right now.

No comments: